Monday, April 16, 2007

ABC's of What We Had

A million times I wanted you to walk away,
But instead you just sat there smiling.
Call me indecisive and call me narcissistic
Don't call me ANYTHING, I'm not listening.
Everything fades in time. Everything.
Fantastic! It's over. I can live for me!
Ghosts of your memory walk around
Hallways and bedrooms.
I found your memories in a box tonight,
Just sitting there all along. waiting.
Kaleidoscope of events we shared
Longing to be remembered
Making me want to call you, should I?
No, of course I shouldn't.
Opposites attract, but how different were we?
Pleasure and pain is what you called it.
Quietness and chaos is what I called it.
Remember that time I cried?
Staring in your eyes as mine filled with tears.
Thinking back, I wanted you to hold me,
Unashamed of me and what I was.
Vulnerable and strong at the same time.
Why couldn't you do that for me? be that?
Xerox the past and relive it again.
Ziplock everything up, box it away. We're done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!
You've got the rhythm DOWN... Like a hammer hitting the head of a nail. It feels very intuitive. I like the rhythm and that the last two lines start with similar sounding words with different letters ( the z and x) and that they're both pop-culture references, products from the mainstream.