A solid, gold attitude is what did me in.
For underneath the gold was just a simple penny.
I was far from golden, but I could glow in the light.
I was everything they wanted; smart, witty and skinny.
Examining my history under a microscope, I would point out the flaws.
They saw what they wanted and twisted them to fit the need.
I never promised forever, I never promised another day.
They would follow behind me, I always had the lead.
The part of the game they could never win, was me.
I had all the cards and the ace up my sleeve.
When I walked out the door with a tearful goodbye,
I never was sorry to leave.
My game was interrupted when the player across the table laughed.
He didn't care about the hair, the legs or shoes.
His head wasn't in the game.
I knew I was going to lose.
No comments:
Post a Comment